Common Grant Application Format
Please provide the following information in this order. Use these headings, subheadings and numbers provided in your own word processing format, thus leaving flexibility for length of response.
1. Executive Summary
- Begin with a half-page executive summary.
- Briefly explain why your agency, school, group, etc., is requesting this grant, what outcomes you hope to achieve, and how you will spend the funds if the grant is made.
2. Purpose of Grant
- Statement of needs/problems to be addressed; description of target population and how they will benefit.
- Description of project goals, measurable objectives, action plans, and statements as to whether this is a new or ongoing part of the sponsoring organization.
- Timetable for implementation.
- Plans for evaluation including how success will be defined and measured.
- Describe the active involvement of constituents in evaluating the program.
4. Budget Narrative/Justification
- On a separate sheet, show how each budget item relates to the project and how the budgeted amount was calculated.
- List amounts requested of other foundations, corporations and other funding sources to which this proposal has been submitted
- In the event that we are unable to meet your full request, please indicate priority items in the proposed grant budget.
5. Organization Information
- Brief summary of organization's history.
- Brief statement of organization's mission and goals.
- Description of current programs, activities and accomplishments.
- Organizational chart, including board, staff and volunteer involvement.
1. A copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt status.
2. List of Board of Directors with affiliations.
Organization's current annual operating budget:, including expenses and revenue.
Most recent annual financial statement (independently audited, if available; if not available, attach Form 990).
4. Letters of support should verify project need and collaboration with other organizations. (Optional)
5. Annual report, if available.